With the newer release of CloudBerry Explorer for Google Storage 3.0.1 we are adding two important enhancements such as the implementation of New Google Drive API and Multi- threaded download.
This post explains how to sign up for Google Cloud Storage, find your connection credentials and use them to connect CloudBerry Box with your Google Cloud Storage account. By the way you can use these intructions even if you use other CloudBerry product, the Google Cloud Storage connection dialog is just the same.
After the object has been archived using the Glacier storage option, the object's data will be removed from S3 but its index entry will remain as-is. The S3 storage class of an object that has been archived in Glacier will be set to GLACIER. You can learn more about Glacier archiving in our previous blog post.
The advantages are reduced costs of storage. However, if you wish to retrieve these objects you need to plan in advance because of the restore times associated with Glacier storage.
New Features of CloudBerry Drive
- Support for AWS Region in Frankfurt –Now the users of CloudBerry Drive can store and retrieve the data in the new AWS Germany (Frankfurt) Region region just like any any other supported AWS regions.
- Offline Activation the users with the lock down environment and no direct internet access can now activate the product online. The procedure is similar to other CloudBerry Lab products and you can learn about it here.
- CloudBerry Drive for Amazon S3 Cloud
- CloudBerry Drvie Server for Amazon S3 Cloud
- CloudBerry Drive Desktop for Microsoft Azure Cloud
- CloudBerry Drive Server for Azure Cloud Storage
As always we are adding features that our customers are requesting. Now CloudBerry Box supports multiple cloud storage providers that allows you to choose your preferable cloud storage to set up folders sync. Continue reading