CloudBerry S3 Backup is a powerful Windows program that automate backup and restore processes to Amazon S3 cloud storage, implementing block level file upload.
One of the things that were not very clear in the previous version is how to schedule full backup again. This might be necessary for the following reasons:
1. The total size of differential backups outgrow the size of the full backup.
2. To make for a more efficient restore so that you don't have to restore one year old full backup and then roll over a large number of differential backups
3. To make more efficient retention where you can purge older unnecessary differential backups after the new full backup is completed.
The newer version of CloudBerry Backup 2.6.2 comes with the ability to force schedule full backup. We have introduced an additional step called Block Level Backup.
There are the options to run Full Backup periodically according to a schedule. There is also an option to force full backup if the total size of all differential backups is larger than a certain % of the last full.
We have also added an option to Force Full Backup to the Backup Plans tab so that you can quickly run full backup when necessary.
We hope this option help you keep your storage size more efficient and the restore process faster. As always we would be happy to hear your feedback and you are welcome to post a comment.
Note: this post applies to CloudBerry Backup 2.6.2 and later.
- CloudBerry Desktop Backup for Amazon S3
- CloudBerry Backup for Windows Server
- CloudBerry MS SQL Backup for Amazon S3
- CloudBerry Backup for Exchange Server
- CloudBerry Enterprise Backup for Amazon S3
Like our products? Please help us spread the word about them. Learn here how to do it.
Want to get CloudBerry Backup for FREE? Make a blog post about us!