This post applies to CloudBerry Backup 4.4 and later.
The latest release of CloudBerry Backup supports a new Amazon S3 storage class: Standard - Infrequent Access (Standard-IA).
On September, 17 2015 Amazon released a lower-cost Amazon S3 storage class for data that is accessed less frequently. Amazon S3 Standard - Infrequent Access (Standard - IA) offers the high durability, low latency, and high throughput of Amazon S3 Standard, but with prices starting at $0.0125 per GB per month, $0.01 per GB retrieval fee, and a 30-day storage minimum. This combination of low cost and high performance makes Standard - IA ideal for long-term file storage, backups, and disaster recovery. More info on the official Amazon blog
How to set Standard-IA storage class with CloudBerry Backup
You can set Standard-IA storage class to your files in Amazon S3 bucket by using Lifecycle policy. To set up a new Lifecycle policy, just follow the instruction below:
1. Run CloudBery Backup, go to Tools > Lifecycle Policy.
2. Select your Amazon S3 account from the "Account" drop-down menu, right-click on the storage bucket and hit Set Transition.
3. Check the Infrequent Access storage class option and set the number of days to perform the transition to Standard-IA class.
Note: The minimum number of days to transition to Standard-IA class is 30.
CloudBerry Backup provides the ability to set up Lifecycle policies that allow you to transit your files to Amazon S3 Standard-IA storage class! You can try the latest version of CloudBerry Backup absolutely for free. Just download the 15-days fully functional trial version of the product and check if our backup solution meets your needs and requirements.
|Download CloudBerry Backup FREE TRIAL
- CloudBerry Desktop Backup for Amazon S3
- CloudBerry Backup for Windows Server
- CloudBerry MS SQL Backup for Amazon S3
- CloudBerry Backup for Exchange Server
- CloudBerry Enterprise Backup for Amazon S3
Like our products? Please help us spread the word about them. Learn here how to do it.