Today Microsoft announced “Blob storage account” with cool and hot tier. All CloudBerry Lab's solutions, including: CloudBerry Backup, CloudBerry Explorer and CloudBerry Drive are fully compatible with Azure Cool Blob Storage from the day one.
Here's the short guide on how to get started with new storage class and CloudBerry Backup
How to Get Started With Microsoft Azure Cool Blob Storage
- On Microsoft Azure Portal sign into your account
- On the left pane choose Browse and then choose Storage Accounts
Note: To take advantage of a cool tier access, you should create a new storage account.
- Click Add (to create new storage account)
- Specify account Name and the Deployment model. Choose Blob storage account kind. Optionally configure Replication type and choose Cool access tier. Then choose a name for new Resource group or choose the existing one. Click Create
Note: Blob storage account is only available in these locations: Central US, East US 2, North Central US, North Europe, West Europe, Southeast Asia, Japan East, Japan West, Central India, South India, West India.
- After a new account will be deployed, choose it from the list and then choose Access Keys tab on the right pane.
- Open CloudBerry Backup and click Add new account and then choose Microsoft Azure from the list of storage vendors
- Specify Display name, Account name, Shared Key (Key#1) and create a new container by specifying its name and access permissions. Click Ok
Now you’ve successfully configured new Microsoft Azure Cool Blob storage to use it with CloudBerry Backup.
|Try CloudBerry Backup for Microsoft Azure Cool Blob Storage
Azure Cool Storage was designed for long lived, less frequently accessed object data at a lower storage cost, while retaining the same high durability guarantees of cloud storage, making it extremely cost effective to store datasets such as archives and backups, which needs long term retention but immediate access when required. Minimum storage period for the “cool” data is 30-days. Learn more.