This post applies to CloudBerry Backup 4.5 and later.
Starting from the latest release of CloudBerry Backup, you can automatically clear the Archive Bit attribute for the files during the backup process! In this post, we explain what is Archive Bit, what is it good for and how to configure CloudBerry Backup to make it turn off this attribute every time you run the backup iteration.
What is Archive Bit
The archive bit is a file attribute that is set when a file is created or modified. It basically indicates to the system that the file is a new one or modified one and so it is ready for archiving.
You can review this attribute in the file advanced settings. Just right-click on the file and go to General > Advanced.
- You create a new file. The Archive Bit attribute is automatically set for this file.
- You create a daily backup schedule starting from Monday. You then run a full backup on Monday and CloudBerry Backup successfully backs up this file. The Archive Bit is turned off.
- You do not modify this file. You run the incremental backup on Tuesday. CloudBerry Backup skips this file since the Archived Bit is being turned off.
- You modify this file on Wednesday. The Archive Attribute is automatically turned on again.
- You run Wednesday incremental backup. CloudBerry Backup backs up this modified file and turns off the Archive Bit attribute.
- The attribute will stay turned off and the file will be kept skipped by CloudBerry Backup until you modify this file again.
Please, learn how to enable the "Clear Archive Bit" option in CloudBerry Backup below:
How to Clear Archive Bit in CloudBerry Backup
1. Run CloudBerry Backup, go to Tools > Options > Advanced. Then go ahead and select the Clear archive attribute during backup option and click Apply/OK.
You can try CloudBerry Backup 4.2 with all the new features absolutely for free! Just go ahead and download 15-days fully functional trial version of CloudBerry Backup and check if our backup solution meets your needs and requirements.
|Download CloudBerry Backup FREE TRIAL
- CloudBerry Backup Desktop Edition
- CloudBerry Server Backup
- CloudBerry SQL Server Backup
- CloudBerry Backup for Exchange
- CloudBerry Enterprise Backup Solution
Like our products? Please help us spread the word about them. Learn here how to do it. Want to get CloudBerry Backup for FREE? Make a blog post about us!