In this post, we provide step-by-step instructions on how to sign up for VMware vCloud Air cloud platform and find vCloud Air storage access credentials.
- How to Sign Up for VMware vCloud Air Cloud Platform
- How to Find Storage Access Credentials for vCloud powered by Google
- How to Find Storage Access Credentials for vCloud powered by EMC
How to Sign Up for VMware vCloud Air Cloud Platform
1. Go to http://vcloud.vmware.com/ and click Start now button.
Once you specify the billing and account information, scroll-down to the bottom of the page and click Complete Sign-Up button.
4. You’ll see the notification saying that your sign up request is pending.
Once it is approved, you will receive a confirmation email for your account which will include a link to your login page, your username, and a link to the password setup page that you need to follow first to create a new password for this account.
5. Follow the Login Page link and specify your username and the password you have just created. Then click the Sign in button.
6. You will get to your account home page where you will have three available services: “Object Storage Powered by Google”, “Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand” and “Object Storage powered by EMC”.
How to Find Storage Access Credentials for vCloud powered by Google
1. To find access credentials for vCloud Air powered by Google, login to your VMware vCloud Air account and click on Object Storage Powered by Google.
2. Navigate on “API Access” tab and click Add.
3. Type your name, description and click Generate & Download.
4. You will see the generated access information in the “API Access” page.
You can use these access credentials when adding a vCloud Air account in CloudBerry Backup.
- Account ID stands for Service acc.email field on the CloudBerry Backup dialog.
- Private key is the .p12 file that is automatically downloaded once you hit Generate & Download button when creating an access account and it stands for the Private key on the CloudBerry Backup dialog.
- A part of Account ID is a Project ID that you need to specify on the CloudBerry Backup dialog. For example, Account ID is email@example.com. Then the Project ID is biramous-neon-96c7.
How to Find Storage Access Credentials for vCloud powered by EMC
1. To find access credentials for vCloud Air powered by EMC, login to your VMware vCloud Air account and click on Object Storage Powered by EMC.
2. Navigate on “Access Keys” tab and click Add.
4. The generated access credentials will be displayed in the dialog.
5. You can always review these access credentials in the “Access Keys” page.
That's it! Now you have your vCloud Air account that you can use with CloudBerry Lab products!
|Download CloudBerry Backup FREE TRIAL
- CloudBerry Explorer for Amazon S3
- CloudBerry Explorer for Google Cloud
- CloudBerry Backup Desktop Edition
- CloudBerry Server Backup
- CloudBerry SQL Server Backup
- CloudBerry Backup for Exchange
- CloudBerry Enterprise Backup Solution
Like our products? Please help us spread the word about them. Learn here how to do it.