CloudBerry Backup supports backup and restore for MS Exchange. In this blog post, we will tell how to restore MS Exchange with CloudBerry Backup. Also you might want to check out our previous article on How to back up MS Exchange to Amazon S3 and other cloud storage.
It takes you two simple steps to restore MS Exchange: download Exchange database and log files from the cloud storage and replace current Exchange files with the restored files. Let's look at entire restoring process step by step.
1. Run CloudBerry Backup.
2. Click on the "Restore" icon.
3. Select an account and database(-s) to restore.
4. Select a location to restore Exchange files and perform a restore with desirable settings.
NOTE: You can't restore to original location within the wizard, you will need to dismount your current database (if any) and replace Exchange files with restored files.
5. Specify other options to restore (encryption, notification etc.) if necessary.
6. Run the restore plan...
7. Restore complete. The next step is going to be outside CloudBerry Backup. Launch the Exchange Management Console.
8. Using Exchange Management Console dismount the database(-s) you would like to restore.
9. Locate the log files (see Log Folder Path) and the .edb database file (see Database File Path).
10. Move them to another location (or delete if you no longer need them).
11. Open the folder with the files you have restored and copy these files to the original folders ("Database File Path" for .edb file and "Log Folder Path" for the logs).
12. Mount the Exchange database.
Now, your database is mounted and ready to work. Hope, you enjoyed using CloudBerry Backup