CloudBerry Backup for QNAP helps you automate data backup to various cloud storage providers such as Amazon S3 or Windows Azure directly from QNAP. By integrating with the QNAP management interface it provides a seamless experience for QNAP users.
This post explains:
- Supported CPU types: Intel*
Installation of CloudBerry Backup into QNAP App Center
To start working with CloudBerry Backup:
Finally, you will find CloudBerry Backup in the My Apps list, click Open to start working:
Getting Started with CloudBerry Backup
First of all you need to choose whether you want to use Freeware or PRO version of CloudBerry Backup:
- Freeware - for private use only. Limitations: 200 GB limit for cloud backup and the 1TB limit for local backup; no compression, no encryption.
- Start the 15-day trial of PRO version
- Activate PRO version. License price $49,99
You can always switch from the Freeware to the PRO version by selecting any option - Start a 15-day Trial of PRO or Activate PRO version - on the Licensing tab.
Once you have registered or activated CloudBerry Backup, you can start working with the product! The next step is to specify storage account.
Setting up Storage Account
1. Go to the Settings tab, use Add button to create a new storage account:
How to Back Up Files
1. Go to the Backup Plans tab, use Create new button to start the Backup Plan wizard, specify a plan name and go next:
2. On the Cloud Storage step specify a destination for your backups
3. On the next step - Backup Source - choose files and folders you want to back up
4. The next steps allow you to set up advanced options for your backup plan:
- Back up empty folders
- Exclude system folders
- Compress files
- Encrypt files
5. On the Retention Policy step you can manage how many or how long you want to keep file versions: purge file versions older than or keep a certain number of versions.
6. The Schedule step provides flexible options for plan runs:
This is a final step of the wizard, click Finish to set up a backup plan
7. On the Backup Plans tab, you can run the plan - use Run now button:
On the Backup Storage tab you can find your backed up files and folders:
How to Restore Files
1. Go to Restore Plans tab, use Create new button to start the Restore Plan wizard.
The wizard prompts you to enter a plan name and choose the storage account where you want to restore from. Then you choose what files and folders you want to restore:
Once you selected the files you can choose what versions you want to restore: the latest version or to point-in-time.
Then you choose where to restore: to the original location or to a specific location and, finally, set up scheduling.
Complete the wizard and you will see the restore plan on the Restore Plans tab where you can run it manually using Run now button:
The next step for us is to support other storage providers (e.g. OpenStack). OpenStack support will allow to back up to storage providers such as IBM Softlayer, Oracle Cloud, Rackspace and HP Cloud. Amazon Glacier support will be added next year. Stay tuned!
You can try CloudBerry Backup for QNAP with all the features absolutely for free! Just go ahead and download 15-days fully functional trial version of CloudBerry Backup and check if our backup solution meets your needs and requirements. Your feedback is much appreciated!