CloudBerry Backup 6.1.1 minor release adds important new features, including:
- Master password security improvement
- Storage providers revision
- Performance improvements.
Master Password Security Improvement
CloudBerry Backup 6.1.1 is equipped with the improved master password protection feature. This feature significantly increases the security level, which helps to protect users from unauthorized access to their configuration files and backup plans. Master password feature improvement also includes:
- Command Line Interface is now can be protected with a master password
- Unauthorized copying of configuration files is protected with PStore (Protected storage)
- Manual setting changes will require to provide a master password
- Password reset feature is introduced.
Read more about the master password protection in the separate blog post.
Storage Providers Revision
CloudBerry Backup for Windows 6.1.1 comes with a renewed supported storage providers list. Our storage provider support approach is based on the following keystones: usability, security, reliability, and cost. The list of supported storage providers is as follows:
- Azure (including Azure Stack)
- Backblaze B2
- Google Cloud
- S3 compatible
- Amazon Glacier
All previously created backup and restore plans will function in a usual mode.