On February 25, 2015 CloudBerry Lab announced Multiple Storage support in CloudBerry Box. Microsoft Azure storage was among the supported storages. Today we age going to give you a step-by-step instruction about how to link a Microsoft Azure account with CloudBerry Box.
Connecting your Microsoft Azure to CloudBerry Box consists of the following steps:
- Installing CloudBerry Box,
- Signing up to Microsoft Azure,
- Creating a Microsoft Azure Storage Account,
- Retrieving Microsoft Azure Access Keys,
- Connecting the Microsoft Azure Account to CloudBerry Box.
Installing CloudBerry Box
This section gives a step-by-step instruction about how to install CloudBerry Box.
2. Run the downloaded file and install it on your PC. Once CloudBerry Box is installed, its tray icon appears on the Windows task bar. You need to set up the program before you can store and share data.
3. The first time you run CloudBerry Box, you will see a product activation window. Enter your email and select the free trial option. You can convert your account to a paid one later.
4. Install CloudBerry Box on every PC / laptop that you are going to synchronize your storage with.
Signing up to Microsoft Azure
If you don't have your account for Microsoft Azure yet, you can get a free 3-month trial.
1. Go to the Microsoft Azure website.
2. Click the "Free trial" teaser in the top right corner of the screen.
4. Sign in with your Microsoft Account. For creating the account, go to the https://signup.live.com/ link.
5. After logging in, verify that you see a page like the one below.
Note: If you do not see such page, try to log in with a different web browser.
6. Provide your personal information.
7. Provide your phone number to pass a mobile verification. Select whether to receive a text message or to receive a call. For example, select "Send text" option and then click Send text message button.
After a successful verification, you will see an expanded Payment Information section. Refer to http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/forums/ for help in case of difficulties with mobile verification.
8. Provide your payment information for verification purposes.
9. Click Sign up button after selecting "I agree to the Microsoft Azure Agreement, Offer Details, and Privacy Statement" option to finish the signing up procedure.
Creating a Microsoft Azure Storage Account
1. After verifying your Microsoft Azure account, go to the Microsoft Azure Management Portal to create a storage account.
2. Choose the "Storage" item in the left menu. Then click "Create a storage account" or click "+NEW" button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
4. Click "Create storage account" option. Wait until the status changes to Online. Usually the activation procedure takes no longer than 5 minutes.
Retrieving Microsoft Azure Access Keys
Microsoft Azure provides storage users with the secret keys to help protect from unauthorized account access.
1. Go to the Microsoft Azure Management Portal and click the "Manage Keys" button at the bottom of the screen.
2. Prepare a text file to copy the values from the pop-up window. Use the "Copy" icons next to the following fields: "Storage account name" and "Primary access key" and save their values to the text file.
Connecting the Microsoft Azure Account to CloudBerry Box
1. Provide CloudBerry Box details of your Microsoft Azure storage. Click the CloudBerry Box icon in the system tray and from the small menu that pops up, select the “Options” item.
3. Paste the Storage Account Name from your Microsoft Azure account to the "Account" field.
4. Enter the Primary Access Key that you have copied from your Microsoft Azure account to the "Shared key" field.
5. Specify the container that you are going to use with CloudBerry Box.
6. Test the connection by clicking the "Test Connection" button.
Please note that the connection testing process may take several seconds.
7. After you have got a success message, click the "Close" button to close it.
CloudBerry Box is preset to sync your files every 30 seconds. Every 30 seconds it looks for the files that have changed and syncs them to your Microsoft Azure account. You can change this time period later on the "Sync Options" tab.
9. Link each instance of CloudBerry Box to your Microsoft Azure storage by providing the access and secret key and the (same) bucket.
You can use any number of devices with CloudBerry Box. It will ensure that a change that has been made on one device is reflected on all the connected devices and in your Microsoft Azure storage.
Now your Microsoft Azure is connected to CloudBerry Box. Enjoy using a reliable storage from Azure Storage with CloudBerry Box - our new product for syncing your files.
|Download CloudBerry Box FREE TRIAL