CloudBerry Lab constantly works on enhancements of our products in order to make them even better. Today we are glad to present an upgraded CloudBerry Drive - a powerful application for Windows which allows mounting cloud storage as a local drive. Now CloudBerry Drive can be installed and configured via the Windows Command Line interface and supports regions for OpenStack-based cloud storage services.
Windows Command Line and CloudBerry Drive
Install and activate CloudBerry Drive
- A command for silent install:
CloudBerryDriveSetup_v126.96.36.199.exe /S (is performed under administrator account)
- A command for requesting CloudBerry Drive trial:
cbd.exe /activatelicense -t -e email (is performed under administrator account)
- For registering CloudBerry Drive license key:
cbd.exe /activatelicense -e email -k your_license_key (is performed under administrator account)
Register a Storage Account with CloudBerry Drive
- A command for registering a cloud storage account: cbd.exe addAccount -d account_display_name -st storageType -ac firstKey -sk secondKey -sp servicePoint -ssl yes/no
Create a Mapped Drive with CloudBerry Drive
- A command for creating a mapped drive: cbd.exe addDrive -d DriveLetter -an AccountName –path container/folder -label VolumeLabel
Start, stop and restart CloudBerry Drive
- A command for starting CloudBerry Drive service: cbd.exe /startservice
- A command for stopping CloudBerry Drive service: cbd.exe /stopservice
- A command for restarting CloudBerry Drive service: cbd.exe /restartservice
Mount and unmount cloud storage mapped as a drive
- A command for mounting mapped drive: cbd.exe /mountDrive “DriveLetter”
- A command for unmounting mapped drive: cbd.exe /unmountDrive “DriveLetter”
OpenStack Regions and CloudBerry Drive
Users of CloudBerry Drive now can mount OpenStack containers that are located in different regions as a network drive. Previously users of OpenStack-based cloud storage services could mount only buckets that are located in the default regions of cloud storage services. Now a bucket in any region can be mapped with CloudBerry Backup. That enhancement affects HP Cloud, Rackspace and other OpenStack Swift-based cloud storage users.
We hope that enhanced CloudBerry Drive meets your needs and will become a tool of choice for you. Mounting cloud storage account as a network drive can sufficiently enhance usability of cloud storage. And latest enhancements in CloudBerry Drive can significantly speed things up and make usage of cloud storage as a network drive even more convenient.
CloudBerry Drive is a cost-efficient and powerful tool that makes mounting cloud storage account extremely easy for everyone. And you can try CloudBerry Drive for free right now.